Wednesday, April 6, 2011

would you read this book?


would you read this book?
and give it a rating from 1-10 based on how excited you are about reading it. thank you! Bridgette McLure is a fifteen year old girl in Charlotte, North Carolina. She goes to a normal high school with her friend, Dionne Hartman, but Dionne has started acting strange. When Dionne’s unusual death occurs, Bridgette is horrified. Kyle Hartman, Dionne’s strange cousin, suddenly appears in Bridgette’s life and begins to explain to her what happened to Dionne and that she must take Dionne’s place in a strange other world, where beautiful silver fish carry messages and amorphamets war with the armies of a vicious tyranny. How can Bridgette and her new Ally Anthony win the war without tearing the new world apart? all right, all right, you're right, forget the fish thing, haha. but besides that?
Books & Authors - 6 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
"where beautiful silver fish carry messages" come on that sounds like something my 5 year old sister would put in a story. The part about "but Dionne has started acting strange. When Dionne’s unusual death occurs, Bridgette is horrified. Kyle Hartman, Dionne’s strange cousin, suddenly appears in Bridgette’s life and begins to explain to her what happened to Dionne" got me hooked but when I heard the rest it started sounding like the author started writing the beginning and couldn't think of an end to it so they made something up to fill in the blanks and the editor only read the beginning and that's the whole reason it even got published!
2 :
Sounds like a great book! I am a writer too and your summary even catches my eyes! I think it has great potential but of course you are going to have to match that with great but simple writing. With action books that are like that you are going to want simple writing with just a bit and just enough descriptiveness. If you describe too much it will turn the book slow and very unattractive. Best of luck! Email me if you wish! BTW 9 1/2!!!
3 :
Not really my type of book, but I know my Best friend would! She loves that stuff! but no for me! sorry...
4 :
well, it started out cool, and i was thinking that i would really like something like this. But then you got to the fish. Everything is cool... but the silver fish. I'm sorry, but I just can't stand things like that. No offense. But the rest sounded awesome. Add some romance, though. I would only read it if it had some sort of romantic action. Maybe... 7 out of 10?
5 :
umm yea the "beautiful silver fish carry messages." kinda threw me off.
6 :
I love it all except for the silver fish thing! But seriously, it sounds great. I give it about an 7 for the fish thing, but without the fish thing you might even get up to a nine.

Popular Posts