Friday, February 18, 2011

do you think north carolina (charlotte) is a good place to live?


do you think north carolina (charlotte) is a good place to live?
im from Boston, MA and i'm planning to move to north carolina (charlotte) this summer..What is there to do (cities and in the countryside)? How are the people (are they nice, polite, etc.) How far of a drive am I to the mountains and beach from. What about school..specially high schools and colleges? i like doing alot of outside activities...is there places to go all year long?? do you think im doing a right decision by moving to NC??
Polls & Surveys - 4 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I heard it is nice, though crime is high.
2 :
well if you like the south..........but NC really can't compare to Boston.
3 :
I never lived there but I 've been there and quite a few of the people who live there are from the northeastern states and is the least southern type state in the south.You feel like you are not in the south. The people seem to be friendly and there are alot of things in or near Charlotte. Raceway , famous amusement park and other adventurous tourist spots. There were alot of jobs there at one time, transplants from the other states. I enjoyed by trips there but I don't live there. There's no southern charm there like in other southern states.
4 :
i just moved to charlotte a couple months ago and it's an alright place to live, I guess. Probably not as great as Boston even though I've never really been to Boston, haha. Like most cities, Charlotte has quite a few "ghetto" places. For example, I say you stay clear from West and East Charlotte. Nothing but crime and bad news. East/West Charlotte also tend to have the worst high schools. There're a couple colleges here as well. Of course there's UNC-Charlotte, which is in North Charlotte. That's where I go. It's alright, I guess. The campus and the people are pretty nice and the college itself is expanding so that's good I guess. Another popular college is Queens College. It's a private college, but it's located smack dab right in the middle of uptown Charlotte so that's pretty awesome. (UNCC is in the middle of nowhere. Well I think it is, haha.) Most people I know though go to Central Piedmont Community College. Only because it's a whole lot cheaper and more accessible. Also Charlotte is a loooong ways away from the coast, about 6-7 hours. The mountains are a lot closer, just a couple hours away and you go skiing or trekking or whatever is you like to do up there. There's actually quite a few things to do here. It just depends on what you like. If you like amusement parks, there's an amusement park called Carowinds really close by. If you like concerts and basketball games, you always catch something at Bobcat's Arena. And if you'd like to catch a football, you can go to Bank of America Stadium. Plus a number of things to do uptown like clubbing, and the like. Also there's the Lowe's Motor Speedway if you're into the whole NASCAR scene. Whether or not you made the right decision is completely up to you. Personally I think you'll learn to like this place. It's not bad, you just gotta know what you like and what there is to do. You'll be able to catch on pretty quick though. Like I said, I just moved here, so I'm still trying to adjust and see what this city has to offer. Hope that was somewhat helpful to you and good luck with the whole move/transition :)

Popular Posts