Wednesday, April 20, 2011

How can I get an emancipation but still have child support?


How can I get an emancipation but still have child support?
So I live in China. I'm an expat. I'm sixteen and I hate it. I just want to move back to my hometown (Charlotte, North Carolina) with my aunt and uncle and cousin. I was thinking that my parents could provide the money they need to pay for me and I would go to public school. It is a good idea for three reasons: 1. make me more mature and teach me about responsibility (I have a maid so therefor never wash my clothes clean my room, etc). 2. it would raise my grades (I have bad grades because my school is too hard for me. And if my grades are better then I'll get into a better college). 3. it would make me respect my parents more (I get into fights constantly with them and this distance would teach me to appreciate them more. Is there some way I can get them to let me do this without them being able to object (I thought about emancipation but I realized they wouldn't be required by law to provide for me anymore.) Is there any way I can get legally separated from them but they still have to provide money?
Family - 2 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
I don't think you can have it both ways
2 :
Sorry it doesn't work that way. Once you break away from them, you break away for good. Also being emancipated means, you live on your own, go to school and hold a job. Not live with family and want someone else to support you. There's a word for that. Free loading.


Popular Posts