Friday, May 20, 2011

College?! Please help!?


College?! Please help!?
attend a small private catholic high-school in Gwynedd Valley PA. I have a 2.7 GPA according to my school... but apparently we have a higher scale, im not sure about all that but the Princeton Review calculated my GPA given my grades in each class and quality points and said i had a 2.9( I'm going to go by my schools reported 2.7) I am captain of my schools tennis team and have been a member since freshmen year, I also have played lacrosse since my freshmen year. I am in respect life club as well as french club. I am a leader in 2 service groups, Speak-Up and Student Ethics team. I am also on my schools mock trial team. I have solid recommendations, and my SAT scores are: Math: 490 Critical Reading: 570 Writing: 610 I am taking the SATs again in october and my goal is to get at least a 520 in math. I am thinking about applying to schools all along the east coast, and maybe some southern schools...on my list i have Hofstra, Towson, St. Johns, Manhattan College, Catholic University, Saint Josephs University, University of South Carolina, University of North Carolina-Charlotte, College of Charleston, University of Tampa, University of Pittsburg...what do you think? Am I aiming too high? Which schools do I have a shot at getting into, and if you know any other colleges i should look at?
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
What can I say? Your GPA is pretty low, but you have a lot of extra curricular activities to make up for it. Study hard for your next SAT test, and make sure when you're applying you have a really good essay stating why you want to go to whatever colleges you're applying to. I think you have a chance of getting into at least some of your choices. I'm sure wherever you end up will be the right place for you and you'll be happy.

Popular Posts