Monday, March 14, 2011

Help with picking a school to transfer to. For a 23 year old sophomore. Business-Finance Major?


Help with picking a school to transfer to. For a 23 year old sophomore. Business-Finance Major?
Hello all. I'm a sophmore at my local community college in Michigan. I'm majoring in business-finance and struggling to figure out rather to stay in state or transfer out of state to finish school. My current GPA is a 3.3, and I still have the summer semester, fall and winter to get it up. I plan on applying for the summer semester of next year wherever I go. Here's my dillema. I'm looking at the following schools: University of Michigan-Dearborn, University of Illinois-Chicago, Howard University, and University of North Carolina-Charlotte. The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor is a reach school because they don't transfer most of the business credits from community colleges. What I'm wondering is what school provides the most internships and networking potential even in college. I want the experience before graduating, so there's less of a waiting period to find an actual career. Mind you, I'll probably be 26 when I finally graduate.Also what location is more economically progressive.
Higher Education (University +) - 1 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
If these are the schools you wish to attend why not contact them directly and speak to someone in the appropriate dept to find out what sorts of Co-operative opportunities are available and what the requirements are. Keep working on trying to get your GPA up. Try networking with local businesses or any company you see yourself working in and you may make some inroads there. They may offer you a work placement opportunity and or schollarship. It certainly is something worth looking into as you may have a difficult time finding immediately available opportunities directly at the colleges since you will be competing directly wtih others who may have a higher GPA. But don't get discouraged, just keep working hard and as I mentioned getting a paper and pen and calling the schools directly and jotting down key points will help you make a better decision. Good Luck, Ryan Hamer http://www.collegesuccessmachine.com

Popular Posts